Saturday, September 1, 2012

Segovia

I'm going to start this blog off with a shout out to Jill Migliore. Hello. :) I'm glad to hear you like my blog. I'll try to make it detailed enough to paint a picture of what we're all getting up to in Spain. This morning we left Salamanca and began our journey to Madrid, stopping for several hours in Segovia. The photo above was the first view we got of El Alcázar. We went on a guided tour of this castle, which was pretty cool. There were a bunch of rooms filled with armor, which always make me happy. And various types of medieval weapons. Awesome. It is a pretty cool building because all the kings and queens of Spain would stay there, not on a permanent basis I don't think, but if they visited Segovia this is where they were at. There were some paintings and sculpture like things of Isabel and Fernando, probably the only Spanish royalty that I know anything about. There is a huge Roman aquaduct in Segovia, which is good for me since I'm also obsessed with classical things.
Me in front of the aqueduct. Pretty cool looking. Still haven't really figured out how an aqueduct works but that is not important. We had about 3 hours of free time after the tour to twiddle around Segovia. It's a cute city. And then we got back on the bus and have arrived in Madrid. Going to go check out Madrid tonight after dinner. Dinner is so late. I'm always so hungry by the time we eat. Anyways, I'll check in with more news later.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out. I feel so honored! I hope all of you are having a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete